Frequently Asked Questions
How can I avoid delays in processing?
- Complete the Notary Public Commission Application entirely-leave no blank spaces.
- If the question does not apply to you may write “none.”
- Race, Sex, Social, Date of Birth and Driver’s license are all required.
- Answer questions 1-7.
- If you answer “NO” to questions 2 or 3, or "YES" to questions 4,5, 6 or 7, you must provide documentation or information specified in that question. Failure to provide all the documentation needed will result in delays.
- The Affidavit of Character section must be completed by someone you have known a year or more that is not related to you. It must be signed at the BLUE X and the address of your affiant/character witness must be completed. This section does NOT need to be notarized.
- You must sign and print your name at the RED X on the Oath of Office section, exactly as outlined and as you want your notary seal to be issued.
- If you are exempt from having your address available to the public, you may select “YES” and reference the statute in which your exemption falls under. If you do not know the statute that applies to you, please contact The Office of the Attorney General.
- You must sign and print your name at the RED X on the Bond of Notary Public Form. We will complete the rest once it arrives in our office. This form does NOT need to be notarized.
- If you are a new applicant in the State of Florida, you must submit a state-approved class completion certificate with your application.
- Payment must be made in full for your notary bond, state filing fee and any other desired notary supplies.
Please be sure to provide an email address, so that we can contact you if corrections are needed on your application and about the status of your order.