Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements to become a notary?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a legal resident of Florida
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Must read the notary public laws
- Must have completed a state-approved Notary Public education course and submit a signed certificate of completion with the Notary application
Furthermore, if you are not a U.S. citizen, you must provide a recorded Declaration of Domicile, which can be obtained from your county clerk's office. If you have been convicted of a felony, you must have your civil rights restored in order to become a notary. You must report any criminal charges, whether or not convicted on your notary application.